Thursday, January 3, 2013

You Really Have Got to be Kidding Me!

Talking caveman era here!

Online dating it weird! There are good, sweet guys out there. I found one.

But there is also this guy:

"Please I wanted u first"

This is the response I got when he found out someone else had the balls to ask me to be exclusive with them.

I do not operate on a Dibs-System. Nor, is it a first come, first served. I went with the guy that I felt was the most straight forward and I had more in common with.

For the word go I couldn't shake the feeling that all this guy wanted was to get laid. Maybe I misread the numbers of shirtless pics and offer for more. Ask Jewels there is no graceful way to receive a penor picture.

My advice: When a girl does not ask for pictures, do not send them just because she was generous enough to give you her number. And do not send an uninvited picture and get disappointed when you do not get one back.


Maybe the excessive use of the words "beautiful" and "gorgeous" when applied to a short plus size 20-something like me. I do have a healthy self-esteem, but I am also realistic. In comparison to societal norm, I am not what is portrayed as beautiful. Sad for American society, yes, but true.

My advice: Be honest and specific. "Nice big booty!" while crass is more sincere and thus flattering for being so. Maybe I'm just weird, but when complements lack specifics I cannot take them seriously.

And just maybe it was when you blew off my invite for lunch that I decided to move forward to someone else. What? Your phone die and you didn't have one for "like 4 days"! And when you got a new phone all your contacts were gone! Oh my goodness, all must be forgiven! ERRRR!

My advice: When you meet someone online there is a clear alternative to a phone number, that you can use to contact them. You knew where to find me. And even if it took "4 days", you had the means (eventually).

And for my final advice: Just try not to be this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment