Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just Like Vanity Fair!


Here are the questions Ms. H used in my Composition class. I thought I would actually fill them all out. 1) To give you readers a better feel for how I tick. And 2) to give myself something to write about.
What is your favorite word?

Love. I look forward to hearing it one day from the right person.

What is your least favorite word?

Sphincter. Enough said.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?

When someone is so passionate about something that they lose themselves. They behave like no one is watching. Watching them can only make me smile.

What turns you off?

One-sidedness, people that are more than willing to get but not to give. Bigotry, I grew up being taught to give everyone the benefit-of-a-doubt. It's all about action not appearance or personal lifestyle. And hypocrisy.

What sound or noise do you love?

I'm a hopeless romantic. I love the sound of a smooch.

What sound or noise do you hate?

The sound of someone vomiting it particular revolting. There are also certain people's voices that I cannot stand.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Contentment. Waking up and not feeling the need to be elsewhere.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

When someone makes me feel as though there is something wrong with me. I dated a guy that fed my insecurities and then mocked me for having them. I was miserable and filled with self-loathing.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?

Margret King Moore. Namely because she's Irish and was not afraid to break tradition from her family.

Which living person do you most admire?

My grandmother has been the largest influence in my life. Without her, I doubt I would have made it this far.

On what occasion do you lie? 

Once I've worn out the truth. You can only be honest so many times and be told you're lying before you cave and tell people what they expect to hear. I am getting better about telling the truth, and when someone doubts me, replying with a sound "Fuck off!"

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would give myself a stronger self-confidence. Which is something I am working on and plan to achieve.

What is your most treasured possession? 

My glasses. Without them, I would not be able to function. I also enjoy my sense of humor and a ring I received for my 19th birthday inscribed with Gandhi's "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

What is your greatest achievement?

I'm the first person in my family to attend college. I intend to be the first to graduate and maybe even start a business. We'll see!

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I would like to be a barista. Actual bar tending might also be fun. Either way I'm learning to mix drinks, and having an attitude is a must.

What profession would you not like to do?

The one I'm in now. Customer service. Even worse, customer service where the customer is always right and I'm a bitch if I believe otherwise.

If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would be?

I'd like to have a go at being a guy. Just to be so naturally oblivious could be nice. All joking aside, I do think it could be interesting to see things from their perspective.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? 

"I told you so!" 
I'm openly agnostic. And it's not because I don't think there is a god. It's because I've never gotten any kind of comfort or reassurance from worshiping. Going to church is just awkward for me. 
There is too much war over little details, when the big moral messages are pretty much the same thing state over again, by someone different. I have religious friends, the fact that they get comfort and joy from the experience is awesome, but it just doesn't do anything for me. 
And zealots are annoying. I've met as many non-believing zealots as I have God fearing ones and it's the same thing. They just try and yell "You're wrong and an idiot for your beliefs!" louder than the other. There is no open discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment